I'm not sure if everyone experiences getting things stuck in their head as frequently as I do, but maybe blogging about it will help me get this goddamn song out of my head.
Oh, be prepared for a slew of bad words. Sorry mom.
It's pretty standard for me to get songs stuck in my head. I can usually kill it by obsessively listening to the song over and over until the first note/word/thought of the song makes me snarl and I can never listen to it again.
Unfortunately this has not worked. Yet.
There are few things more annoying than having one small tidbit on constant loop in your head at 2am when all you want to do is sleep. So maybe I can pass this along to one of the 3 people that read this blog and you can suffer along with me.
I heard a song on Pandora a few weeks ago and did not realize it had nestled somewhere in the deep recesses of my subconscience until last night.
I did not know this song. It snuck up on my Beatles playlist (of all things) and I must've heard it a few times without realizing the horrifying effects until it was way too late. I didn't pay attention to the artist, name of the song, or really any of the lyrics. I concentrated so hard last week trying to recall whateverthehellthatguyissaying and googled... looked on the local top40 station's website... hummed to Eric... ("you know, the song that goes-- 'woohooo woohooo') no such luck. The song never reemerged on Pandora either.
Fabulous.
A day went by and it left. One blissful day and night and I had all but forgot.
Then Eric asked... innocently, "Did you ever find out what song that was?"
Son of a bitch.
It was back.
I agonized. Decided I was doomed until...
FINALLY it came back on Pandora while I was feeding the little man 2 days ago.
"AHHHHH!" I yelled. "THE SONG!"
I texted Eric the name and artist.
YESSSSSS!!!! This eye-crossing annoying game was over. I knew the song, I downloaded it on itunes and proceeded to murder it. Playing it over and over, singing it to Harrison, beating the everliving shit out of this song until it unlatched itself from my brain and left me in peace.
Welp...
No such fucking luck.
Last night... It snuck in again. And again and again and again.
So today as I play with the little dude and get the crock pot up and running, I am listening to my "Baby Dean" playlist. Filled with the trusty tunes of Van, George, Dead, etc. I am purposefully invoking the memories of childbirth with "Moon Dance" in order to get that piece of shit song out of my head forever.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
And so finally, I will leave you with the evilest song in the universe. Be warned, it is sneaky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMKO_9SD1Y
Oh no. Confession- I seriously love this song.
ReplyDeleteI did really like it. Until it drove me insane. No worries, we can still be friends ;)
ReplyDeleteI think that was probably the most hilarious blog post for me to read at almost 1 am. I am sitting here dying laughing (yes out loud). I am sure my french roommates were looking at me from across the room like the what fuck is up with that girl laughing so hard by herself!
ReplyDeleteSorry, never heard of it.
ReplyDelete