I can't think of a good title for this post since it's a big load of nothing really. Just some random thoughts as I watch The Bachelor... Which is the perfect show for multi-tasking.
First of all, I've rejoined the Twitter world.
Why? Who knows... I like the idea... However I have like 12 followers right now, so I feel like I'm just creepily stalking/trying to be a part of the famous people's lives I'm following.
Second of all, I need to start reading again.
The night before I went to the hospital to be induced I bought some books on my kindle... Completely underprepared for the whole 3 day labor + having an actual infant, I figured I could get in some good ol' reading. 6 months later, the books are still unread and I'm struggling to remember the massive list of novels I've been waiting to read. I have acquired library cards to 3 public libraries in the area and have only managed to check out and read a few children's books. My new favorite author may be Sandra Boynton.
Third of all, it's time to find some other mommies.
In Michigan I was introduced to the club world. My amazing friend Nina was a great organizer... She hosted many a wine club, book club, scrapbooking party, what have you. Now that we live in completely different states, I do not have the luxury of my own personal activity planner, so I started googling today... And emailing Nina...
I signed up for 3 sessions of MOM classes through UNC, which say they are for newborn to 6 months, but I think they'll let me slide (Harrison will be 7 months by the next open class). There's a Mothers Club that is meeting tomorrow at Open Eye, so we'll head over for some coffee and check it out. And the Chatham Library has a Toddler Story Time twice a week to mix things up.
What I *really* want is a group of other stay at home moms with children around the same age as mine to go on walks with/let our babies stare at each other. I have reservations about all 3 choices, but I'm going to try to have an open mind and hope for the best.
I suspect I will hate the MOM class since I pretty much think the UNC midwives are all torturous, "woman in a man's world" super bitches who will probably demean me for wanting an epidural and not breastfeeding until age 2... But, maybe things have changed since September...
And I am super curious about the Mothers Club and the Story Time. Am I going to encounter crunchy moms and kids with names like Lyric or Rainbow? Is this library at all like Ann Arbor's where parents are oblivious of the world and think shoes are optional in public places?
Oh the possibilities!
Can't wait to see what happens next.
ReplyDeleteI imagine you saying this in the driest tone possible. Ha.
ReplyDelete