Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Time!

I realized I did have a few pictures that I wanted to post, so here's a quick update too...

Feeling pretty good, trying to get used to the heat. This weekend I will turn 30 and have my 1st baby shower, so I am very excited :) I don't get to crazy celebrate the end of my crazy 20's, but I do get to spend time with my family and best friends and of course get to celebrate the baby too! 

I am trying the 3 hour gestational diabetes test again on Thursday (I only made it through 1 blood draw last week before yaking). I'm not really nervous anymore considering a vast array of my friends and family have either had the GD's or at least had to take multiple tests. If I can't make it through the blood draws this week, they will basically just say I have it and "treat" me for the rest of my pregnancy. I've read up and cutting down carbs and sugars isn't really that big of a deal, I started cutting back as soon as I knew I'd have to take these tests anyway. And anything that will help baby stay healthy/me not blow up like a whale, I'm OK with.
All-in-all I have been incredibly lucky through this pregnancy so far... I have only been sick a handful of times, I have not puffed up like a blowfish and I've been able to keep the weight gain in check. So, if this is the worse, I'll take it! I will miss my bagels though...

As most of you know, if you read this or are around Eric and me at all, we love our dog. Like seriously love him. He is our first born and we refer to the baby as his little brother. So it's only natural for 99% of our photos to feature Harold in some form or fashion. I promise to post non-Harold pictures after this weekend though too :)

Harold is basically a big baby, so we are using this opportunity to get used to holding the newborn. 

Since he's a little guy, he thinks all of the little items accumulating in our house are, of course, for him.

I whipped out the steam cleaner and was deep cleaning the nursery chair. I wish I could capture how awesome it turned out, but you'll just have to trust me. 

The steamer got out all of the marks and stains, so that chair now looks damn near brand new!

This week we're going to organize the closet in the nursery and in the guest room next door so that we have actual storage space for all of the baby stuff. Until then, it's just getting piled in the crib. Maybe Harold will share the stroller so we have somewhere to stick this baby...




No comments:

Post a Comment