Friday, June 22, 2012

Love, love, love...

I was all inspired the other night for this blog post, but since I waited a few days I now am less passionate. I had a triple whammy of craziness that had me reeling at about midnight, then I worked my butt off the past 2 days and the reeling has subsided a bit. However, here's the basic outline... Insert fire and frenzy and lots of passion and you'll get it... :)

So it all started at about 7:15pm the other night (Wednesday I think...) when my "home phone" rang. (Yes, I have a home phone. It's awesome and red and I use it when my cell phone doesn't work out here in the wilderness.) SO... Ringing... It is a rep from the HRC. Eric and I are donators and if you know me at all, you know that I am super passionate about Human Rights, therefore I did not immediately hang up when it became apparent they were asking for money. I thanked the lady for calling, explained that I was in the middle of dinner and that I was a supporter already. She got snippy!
Long story short, I was so damn annoyed that I had to hang up on her. I know these people are just trying to do their job, but harassing someone in the middle of dinner when they are already an avid supporter is just ridiculous!
I hated the way she made me feel but I rationalized it away... One snippy cold caller will not make me turn my back on such a wonderful organization, but damn... that was annoying...

Later that night as Eric and Harold snored in harmony, I was channel surfing and came across the new Bristol Palin show. I don't even want to get into the whole Sarah Palin shenanigans, but I'll watch any "reality" show once. It started off harmless enough... silly Bristol twirling her hair and moving to California... then came the hate... and it wasn't from Bristol. While at a bar with friends, she rides a mechanical bull and someone yells that her mother is a whore. A confrontation ensues and through some flowery editing, we find out that the 40-something year old is homosexual and is calling Bristol's mom a devil whore because she doesn't support gay marriage.

Hold up.

When oh when did fighting hate with hate start working? Oh, that's right... never.

Yes, man in the bar, Sarah has much different views on issues that directly effect you. But telling her daughter that she's a terrible public speaker and should rot in hell seems kinda unproductive... no?

Well, it was time to call it a day... then I signed on to facebook as the show was ending and saw that a friend of mine received a nasty, degrading note on her car. This isn't the first time it has happened, but apparently someone in our community has decided that because of her bumper stickers (I think??) she is awful and everything she stands for is evil. Seriously.

So in one day, I was made to feel like a bad person because my contribution is not generous enough, I watched a ridiculous counter-productive fight on tv and hateful words were left on an undeserving person's car.

Like I said, you'll have to insert your own fire and frenzy here. All I have to say is that I truly believe in love. I was bombarded with hate and negativity that night, but that was one night. I will continue to be friends with people who believe in different religions and politics.  I will love people and I will try my hardest to never fight hate with hate.

Yes, a little lackluster, but I'm telling you, I was fired up so I had to write something!

And now for something completely different...
I am feeling huge and the heat is not helping! It's the nasty humid muggy heat too, so you automatically sweat, but there isn't really enough sun or breeze to stand to be outside. Bluh. However, this is the last few days of my 6th month... And of my 20's! I turn 30 on the 30th (eek) and have my 1st baby shower next weekend too (woohoo!)
I shall post some pictures of my burgeoning belly in the next few days and will save the diabetes testing tales for the next post... oh joy... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment