Thursday, June 28, 2012

Friends

This is a quickie...

I have been extremely lucky to have a close group of friends. Some have followed me through my whole life, others joined me only a few years ago. They all love and support me and have been incredible forces of good in my life.
One of these friends is Adrienne.
Adrienne and I met basically the 1st day of college and were attached throughout. We laughed, cried, danced, helped each other through the wonkiness of college relationships and "fought" only once. (I am not a morning person, haha). We lived together for years. I was her Matron of Honor when she married Mark, the love of her life. She listened with an open heart and open mind while I navigated through a divorce and then finding my own true love. Last year when my brother passed away, my friends swooped in and even though she lived many states away, Adrienne was always right there with me.
When she told me she was pregnant, I was completely overjoyed. A few months later, she was the second person I called after the + sign popped up for me (only after my parents!). After a 12 year friendship, Adrienne and I were going to experience pregnancies together... how amazing was that!?
Her beautiful son was born last week and I don't think I've cried tears of joy like this over anything... ever...
He, of course, is precious. Adrienne and Mark are fantastic. And I just cannot express the amount of joy I feel for my best friend. It is incredible.

I mentioned at the beginning my close group of friends. Over the next few weeks, you are sure to read about more of them. I have decided to embrace my sappiness and since I will be seeing most of them before the baby comes, I'm sure to get all verklempt.

 My mom and I were talking about how bittersweet all of this is and I think that's just fine. I am really looking forward to celebrating the end of my 20's and moving into a new stage of life on Saturday, but it is hard. I wish more than anything that my brother could meet me in Charleston, poke fun at my hugeness and be by my side. Instead, he's in my heart. Thankfully the people who are able to be by my side are completely amazing and are sure to hold my hand, make me laugh and constantly remind me that though I don't have everything, I have them. And that means the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment