Eric and I travelled to Charlotte for a few days, then down to Charleston. My knocked-up bucket list topper was a day on the boat and my Dad delivered on Saturday. We hit all of my favorite spots and I am now lathering aloe over my way too pale and sensitive skin. I miss the days when I'd turn a nice shade of tan and not have to worry about itchy burns that flake instead of browning. I blame this on living in Michigan, but apparently skin gets sensitive when you're pregnant too. Either way, it was definitely worth every bit of it!
Mother's day was fun too... My mom's side had a cook out, then we travelled over to my cousin Susan's house to see her family and basically loot her old baby items. Some of my favorites include...
The bunny blanket that my Grandma Bea had made for Will (Sus's oldest), that she passed to her newest addition Lucas Lee and now on to me. I am super sentimental about these items being passed through our family, so I am so happy my little guy will be a part of the chain.
And thanks to Bill, Eric can proudly pass on his Steeler's love...
(I registered for Redskin's pacifiers too).
We've added all of the amazing pass downs to the nursery, so it looks like we're off to a great start with a box full of onesies, a huge stroller and many other awesome baby stuff-- Thanks Susan and Bill!
And since the family approves, here's the newest addition to the baby room...
Harrison Patrick Dean
Opinions fly whenever babies are around... From birthing to diaper choices and of course The Name. Before getting pregnant, I figured I would not be able to come up with a name for a baby I've never met. I was worried I would pick the wrong name if I did name the baby before he came out and I definitely would not tell people.
But like most things, this too has changed. Eric and I began reading through name lists pretty early... Clearly the most exciting part was talking crap about people we knew with names we would not be giving our precious baby boy. I made a list and at first sort of dismissed a suggestion until it started to grow on me. Driving to work, my favorite Beatles song came on and I knew we had a name. Eric and I walked down the aisle to George Harrison's "What is Life"and I swear I felt the baby kick when it started playing that day! This was about 2 months ago, so I have (uncharacteristically) been quiet about the whole thing for a crazy amount of time.
Now instead of waiting, we went ahead and put his name up on the wall and told those close to us. Surprisingly I have not heard crap from people, other than 1 nickname option which is... well, whatever, we aren't calling him Harry... It'll be Harris for short if you so choose.
So now that it's on the wall, it's pretty damn official and we're excited about it. I think it's pretty awesome to be named after a Beatle and my brother, hopefully he will agree :)
LOVE the name!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome name for your boy!!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful name! gave me goosebumps! :-) congrats to you and the hubby for settling on one!
ReplyDelete