I realized that we are 2 months away from the due date, so here's a little update!
Apparently Pinecone is the size of a coconut... But I'm pretty sure I'm carrying a spider monkey.
Sleeping is getting more and more difficult due to her extreme need to flip and flop all through the night. And the Braxton Hicks have begun! Fun!
Otherwise life is good... Starting to get serious about finishing up the nursery, which really means finishing up the house. We started cleaning out some closets and this week will be merge and purge all of Harrison's stuff.
The nursery is coming along in bits and pieces. The massive tree decal is up and I still love it (which is good since it ain't going nowhere.) And we hung up the "sun" the other week.
Since the rest of the room is kind of a disaster at the moment, this is all I'll post for now. We've got so many boxes and apparatuses and junk in there that needs to find a better place to live this week. Also moving the nursery rocker in here will really make it look more like a room for a baby instead of a random guest room with a crib in it. Hopefully.
Harrison is as awesome as always. We have our moments, but it's still so much fun. I think a lot of my anxiety about having another newborn is kept at bay because of him. It's a constant reminder of how quickly everything changes. Don't get me wrong, babies are cute and all, but having to entertain them and yourself all day every day on very little sleep is not really my favorite stage. But, then I think of Harrison. Those first haze filled weeks and months are barely a blip 2 years later. I am thinking this new perspective will really help me enjoy more of those first days. Or I'll just be a disaster and you won't hear from me till June. You never know.
Harrison, Baby Lily (or Wilwy as he says) and the bump.
We've been surprised at how much more our picky little toddler will eat (MAC N CHEESE!!!) and how fast his little brain puts together things now. Every day I am blown away by what he thinks and talks about. He absolutely loves preschool. I don't really get a huge break since it's only 2 hours 2 days a week, but I have a chance to shower without Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the background.
Last week we had our annual family photo session with Nichole and I can't wait to see them. Harrison also had his first school pictures! I couldn't get him to pose for me before school but apparently he knows how to model like a champ.
Think we'll get lucky and have a little girl just as cute?!? :)




No comments:
Post a Comment