Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I have a moment so...

Time for some more ramblings!

Being a mom has been getting a bit easier over the past week... Granted it's only been 16 days, but it feels like months. I guess that's what sleep deprivation will do to ya.

Harrison had his 2 week check-up yesterday and I am in love with our pediatrician. He is so relaxed, intelligent and he just makes us feel like we are rocking this parenting stuff. My child is no longer yellow, he's up to 7lbs 8oz and apparently we are doing everything right.

I've had some issues trying to nail down a good nursing routine, so I had tons of questions about feeding times/amounts, etc and was completely reassured that our way is working... Awesome. Quite the change from my interactions with medical staff... Speaking of which, I have my dreaded 2 week check up tomorrow. Thankfully it's with Jenny, the midwife who scheduled the induction, and not either of the 2 women I'm a bit pissed off with. So, she'll be perky and hopefully tell me my insides look great and be happy that I've lost 20lbs in 2 weeks. Yes, 20 freaking pounds. Go me. Too bad that does not get me back into my regular sized pants... Another 10 to go for pre-pregnancy size, then it's time to shed the excess grossness of this stomach. I'm not interested in wearing a bikini or anything, but c'mon. I constantly have to sacrifice my boobs for this little monster, did he have to leave my tummy all squishy and stretch marked?!?

Our new sleep schedule is working out pretty great... I am no longer a zombie, but my bedtime is now 8pm. I sleep until midnight while Eric takes over, then I'm on duty until about 6am. Annie comes over in the mornings so I can get another 2-ish hours, then I'm pretty set for the day. Last night was hard to fall asleep because I feel like I'm really missing out on time with Eric, but sleep is crucial, so we're trying to make the most of the 2.5 hours in between him getting home from work and my modified bedtime.

I had a ton of things I wanted to write about once I had a clear mind, but now it is all escaping me... So, I shall post lots of photos of my sleeping baby... Much more entertaining than my somewhat bitchy updates :)

For Matt Ryan: Eric holding his own baby. 
Eric refused to hold babies that were not his... This isn't the 1st picture/1st time, but I like this one... Harrison looks like a little tree frog on his dad :-)

Not very flattering, but we were both wearing blue... And I am alive, there's your proof.

Awesome Redskins shirt... Way too big, but he'll grow into it. Thanks Aunt Nina & Uncle Pete!

Sleeping monster... 


And as you all know, it's our 2 year anniversary today! We are planning on going out to dinner... Early of course, and without the little man. I was worried I wouldn't be able to part with him, but I think we need at least an hour or two of normalcy outside the house. 

In honor of the milestone, I picked a few pictures from the big day... Always makes me miss Patrick, but helps to remember a wonderful time when everyone was safe and healthy and we were able to party down together.

Our "fake" exit... Didn't want to leave the party, but had to get the picture :-)

9.17.10
Mom and Pat

Marty on the phone from Japan... Only gave me a little shit about getting married ;)

Cutting the cake that had to be moved a thousand times due to heat and poor lighting...

And Patrick again... After we caved and decided to jump on in.




2 comments:

  1. <3 You! Sleeping will get better, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed! Apparently Harrison is due for a big growth spurt over the next 2 weeks, then the doctor said at a month he should be sleeping longer stretches at night. Here's hoping! :)

    ReplyDelete