Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A random thing that has changed.

As I laid my sleeping child down in his bassinet just now, I rushed to the kitchen to see what I could scarf down for lunch and I caught myself...

Not many people know of my complete disdain for leftovers. I have always had a strict "only pizza or spaghetti" leftover policy. I would turn my nose up at anything else in those damn tupperware containers that haunt my refrigerator for days after they were intended to be eaten. Eric loves leftovers... Usually forgets to eat them... But refuses to let me throw out anything for at least 5 days... Sometimes longer. Ugh.
And now... I eat everything.

Our kitchen has been stocked for the past month, thanks to our parents, and I believe I have now eaten leftovers daily.
Leftover italian food? Heat that shit up! Dry day-old mac and cheese? Hell yeah!
I just inhaled cold rotisserie chicken and it was down right delicious.
I don't even recognize myself anymore...

Other than that, my child is growing like crazy. He is figuring out just how much he should eat as well, which has resulted in a spike in spit up and fun diaper changes at 4am. Sleeping is getting better and today while he's napping I will attempt to find more 0-3month outfits in his closet (since he is now 8lbs 9oz... Giant Monster.) and write thank you notes...
And eat more leftovers...





No comments:

Post a Comment