Over the past 5 months, I have worked on making this new career fulfilling. I know a lot of moms have a hard time with this... I have heard and read countless times about not having enough "me" time, feeling overwhelmed keeping up with the house and children, feeling under stimulated, etc. I'm not going to lie, I've have my bouts in one way or another with these issues too (talking to an infant doesn't exactly get your brain juices flowing), but these issues (thankfully) were/are fleeting in my case.
I have also realized how lucky I am to get to stay home and raise our son. And while not every day is the best day ever, most days are pretty awesome.
This past weekend Max brought Benji over for a play date. I took a risk and made scones for the very first time and beside the fact that my oven inexplicably smokes like a chimney, they turned out perfectly.

Orange and chocolate scones -- recipe from Joy the Baker.
So delicious, we ate them all.
And while we caught up on life and vented about well, everything, the little guys hung out together. Harold tried desperately to be included in each diaper change, snack, tumble and photo.
I was hoping Harrison would try to mimic Benji's awesome rolling skills, but no dice.
(His singular roll was caught on video about 2 months ago and apparently he has decided no further demonstrations are required.)
Tummy time!
Harrison (5mo) and Benji (8mo)
Trying to get them to laugh/smile at the same time-- Harrison thought he should just make buzzing noises while Benji cracked up.
I swear they both smiled the second before the camera snapped... Difficult little munchkins... :-)
While I am super proud of our project, I was only able to properly stamp the little baby feet a handful of times. He screamed as if I was stabbing him or something equally mean... So only the Grandparents and Aunt/Uncles will receive these this year.
Now on to this knitting nonsense...







So cute. Love crafts with baby feet.
ReplyDeleteThat craft is so awesome, and I'm bummed I didn't think of it! lol...
ReplyDelete