In the past few days my body has really started to hate me. Trying to describe all of the ends and outs would just bore you, but basically it feels like I've been riding a horse. Like riding a horse straight through the plains for 5 days. I guess my hips are seriously attempting to spread or something. And I do think the baby has 8 limbs. That or he's a damn gymnast.
The countdown is really narrowing down and I'm trying not to get too panicky. I've been reading Sarah McMoyler's book and I do feel more comforted in some respects, but still, this is happening pretty soon. Also it's a little scary that I have to deal with progressively harder times for the next 8 weeks... Ugh.
So other than feeling like a cowboy, I'm a little zombie-ish at the moment due to Harold's fear of noises in the dark and need to howl at 3am. That should be tons of fun once there's a screaming baby here too...
However on a positive note, I finally got a hair cut so I don't look too scraggly. Kate and I got a pedicure today so my toes are pretty for the shower this weekend. And I finally found a new quilt for our bed! We've been sleeping with an ill-fitted IKEA duvet for like 3 years and I the one I ordered from Macy's the other day was really cheap and crappy. So Home Goods came through for me today... Just hoping to have enough energy in a minute to actually make up the bed :)
And for your viewing pleasure...
I made my very first loaf of bread this week. Banana Walnut. De-lish.
I have been attempting to conquer deep cleaning the house room by room before I can no longer move, but my enthusiasm has dwindled. Harold has damn near given up.
Pat sent me this amazing photo book that she made with pictures from my 1st shower. I cry every time I look at it... She is so awesome!
And I put on pants the other day. It was quite the accomplishment. Also, that's the old comforter behind me... I'll have an updated photo with the new hair/bedding/way-too-huge-belly soon.




No comments:
Post a Comment