Monday, April 23, 2012

Exhaustion.

As I've been told, exhaustion is totally normal. But somehow hearing that this is normal makes me want to occasionally smack someone. And it very well may be to get my body and my mind ready for what will be extreme exhaustion come baby time, but for now, it's just plain annoying.
Falling asleep was easy the last couple of months, but now that I need to lay on my side, surrounded by pillows, a vast array of items (water, chap stick, kleenex) within arms reach, and subzero temperatures, it is... difficult. Once I am asleep, it's not terrible, but the discomfort is coupled with some creeping anxiety too. I've talked with my mom a lot about the whole internal struggle of this whole situation, which she understands a lot, but that's still not helping me sleep. Dammit.
So this morning I sucked it up and called the Women's Health center that my mid-wife referred me to. Apparently there is a therapist/women's doctor that specializes in counseling while pregnant and postpartum, so I'm going to make an appointment. Who knows, maybe she can teach me a good way to deal with anxiety over this totally new and crazy experience. I also think that after baby comes, I want to not freak the hell out every 10 minutes if I can help it. So we'll see how it goes... The next few weeks are going to be tough too, so taking some steps towards normalcy sounds like a decent idea.
On a happy baby note, the baby is kicking quite a bit now. Eric was able to feel him a lot last night and I think the bbq I just had for lunch is making him river dance again.  According to the ultrasound last week, the baby is right up against my stomach and the placenta is behind him, so the kicks are only going to get stronger and more frequent. Hopefully not at night.
Max's baby party went very well. Sarabeth caught the stomach bug, but we still pulled it off. I have pictures on my real camera, but for now here is one from the end of the party... The baby kicking up a storm and bewildered onlookers...




No comments:

Post a Comment