And so have my allergies. This morning my car had a nice layer of pollen and a not so happy spider and web affixed to my side mirror. I made it through the day fine, but I spent like 5 minutes outside bringing in groceries and had a full on itchy/headache/allergy attack. Thank god benadryl is safe!
I have started reading Jenny McCarthy's "Belly Laughs" after a friend recommended it recently. It is pretty hilarious, and written in a normal crass way, so I was able to put it to good use today.
We have this customer who comes in regularly and clearly thinks of himself as God's gift to... the world? He is an ass. He talks loudly on his cell doing "important business", gulps down Grey Hounds (with house vodka) and insists on talking about a vast array of topics that all pretty much revolve around how awesome he is. All of his ex-wives, ex-girlfriends and probably ex-friends are "Drop Dead Gorgeous" (bullshit), his money supply is endless (double bullshit), and his shirts are $500 a pop (probably true, but they look like bullshit). We all roll our eyes and have assumed that he lives a life of the 3C's-- going straight through caffeine, coke to cocktails all by 11am.
Today he said hello to me as I was refilling my glass of water and noticed my tattoo on my wrist. He grimaced and said, "What's that!? Is that a new one??". I replied "no" to which he quickly retorted "Good! You need to stop getting tattoos. Trust me, they are not good." I simply replied "OK" through gritted teeth and tuned out the next bit as he told me I looked "healthy". (I did tell him I was pregnant, since saying someone looks healthy usually means they look fat.)
So not only am I encountering people who feel it is their right, nay, duty to impose their thoughts, advice, rules, whatever on MY pregnancy, but now I get to deal with this guy?!
I wanted to tell him off. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs that he was a rude ignorant ass and that if people choose to get tattoos it's THEIR business. But I didn't. I told myself it wasn't worth it. Deep down I think it would have been satisfying. It probably wouldn't have even registered on his radar though, him being so awesome and all.
I shook it off, went back to work and grilled out with Eric. One minor upset did not ruin me today.
Now, for your viewing pleasure, here's the first "belly shot" from yesterday. I may upload a picture of my scandalous tattoo another day as well... But that's a bittersweet story for another post.
I must say that that was a pretty good belly-laugh of a story to read! Did yall rearrange your room?? and im very jealous you grilled out - yumm eric grilling = lucys stomach in heaven.
ReplyDelete